Sunday, April 5, 2009

Falling Star

Looks like rising PGA Star Dustin Johnson is giving John Daly a run for his money.  The AT&T National Pro-Am Champion was booked for DUI last Monday morning in his home state of South Carolina.

In a statement released by the PGA tour Johnson relented, "I have let myself down and others who support me.  I am handling the matter privately, and rest assured, I will definitely learn from my mistake."  

Too bad Johnson couldn't learn from his last run in with the law.  In 2001 he was persuaded by a friend's older brother to buy the bullets for a gun used in a deadly armed robbery.  That man, Steve Gillian, was later charged with murder and given life in prison without parole.  Johnson was required to pay restitution for the theft and testified at Gillian's murder trial.

Maybe this isn't such a bad thing for Johnson.  I mean, we are talking about him and any publicity is good publicity, right?  As far as endorsements go, Johnson should have no problem catching on with someone.  Just look at John Daly Go Long or Go Home

No comments:

Post a Comment